Sunday, November 20, 2005

staring through el greco...


Toledo by El Greco

I fell in love with the paintings of El Greco, when I chanced upon them at an art gallery in London, a couple of years ago...it left an indelible mark...the shades of blue held my attention...reminding me of mystery, that some parts of reality would always remain impenetrable to the human mind... to have gazed at those paintings was to be called on to pray...truly icons of another world, or messages in bottles come from the Sublime...

The last few days, I felt as if the things that really matter, if there is any thing that makes my life worth the passing of 28 years, they have recently flashed before my very eyes...experiencing ethereal beauty in a new-found friend ...escaping a possible premature death...to have rested in the company of friends...and filled my ears with the raw sounds of earth and trees...

What more can I ask for? Have I the hands to receive, in spite of my constant profligacy? Eternal life finds its logic in my insatiable longing for more of this life... To be alive is to be surprised time after time...grace thriumphing over karma...

Today has never happened before...even a cynic like me, is starting to believe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home