Tuesday, September 27, 2005

madman or scientist?


Icelandic Post-rock Aesthetes

Everyone wants a logical proof that either the Divine exists, or it doesn’t… but “questions of science and progress doesn’t speak as loud as my heart”…

I cannot fully explain, but my heart is driven beyond, bursting the confines of the ordinary… when I am listening to a piece of music, too beautiful for human language to express… (thank you Sigur Ros and Death Cab for Cutie… thanks Justin and James for the intro…) joy and sadness, my hopes and my deepest regrets… they seem to be fashioned, held together in that one moment… I get a sense of what it means to be human, to be fragile… no better place to be than the one I’m in, the present… I feel comfortable...yet the same time, I'm in the throes of an agonizing longing…

A madman once said “This life, your eternal life…”. I think he is right. Life is for living…frankly, nothing else would do...

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Ryan Lee Sharp said...

You might check out Kent and The Doves. I dig the both as much or more than Sigur Ros. Still haven't watched my Malaysian film. What's wrong with me? Planning on it before we leave in 10 days though... promise.

My new album will be available in a couple days. Wondering if I could send a few out to Malaysia for review? If I sent like 5 or so, could you get them around to Sivin and other music lovers who might put a little something up on their blogs? Hmm? A little international marketing scheme?

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger aPoReTiC said...

Hey Ryan,

You already left your mark in Malaysia, the last time you performed two of your songs for us... They're good :)

No probs on disseminating your albums here to certain audiophiles... We don't "market" here in Malaysia; we practice cronyism :D

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Ryan Lee Sharp said...

Mind emailing me an address to my ryan@sharpseven.com account? That'd be cool. Thanks man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home