Sunday, July 17, 2005

Suck up to the cool
No, I don’t want to
behave like drones
bees working a mega-project
the millennial house of cards
tottering…

My T-shirt smells of money
I did not earn
plagiarizing piracy
A copy of a copy
Kid A… An amnesiac…
I am the next person
beside me
beside myself

Pejorative comments
a transcendental argument
“God, you don’t exist…”
if only
Nothing nothings
there is no love
I don’t know
I cannot decide

Pile on the pressure
watch the fires burn
my acidic tongue
your manic laughter
nocturnal submission
our world of abstractions
our egos crumble

Suck up to mortality
and forget yourself…
Keep your soul
God rest
all your restless souls...

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great poem; I think it captures the mood of our times, or at least me. Who wrote it?

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger aPoReTiC said...

my own amateur attempt...

thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home