Thursday, February 03, 2005

somewhere i belong...


LINKIN PARK Posted by Hello

I remember listening to the lyrics of "Somewhere I belong", thinking, 'Gosh...This is my generation's cry for authentic community..." The chorus goes :

"Somewhere I Belong"

Chorus:

I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real

I wanna let go of the pain I’ve held so long

(Erase all the pain till it’s gone)

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real

I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along

Somewhere I belong

This is a genuine cry, beneath all the rage and screaming, a deep longing for community, intimacy and healing... I've always felt that if we seek first to connect and include, we can often see the Spirit of God hovering over the chaos of our lives... in this case, let us not judge the exteriors of hard music, or the spikey haired, tatoo-laden bodies of post-modern youth... We are all seeking a genuine place where real listening and communication happens.

I pray that the church of our Lord Jesus Christ would be a place of genuine inclusion, where belonging and believing is centred on the mercy and love of the Crucified One...

Peace...



4 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

I remember the MTV for this song. anyway, the LiFE Group on Wednesday has missed you very much! :-)

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Dave said...

"I wanna run away
And never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I want to know the answers
No more lies..."

Heheh.... Is that the latent instinct for foundationalist truth crying out for rescue?! heheh...

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger aPoReTiC said...

Maybe the reason he is raging to know the truth is that he's unsatisfied with foundationalist epistemology... Chester and Mike could be critical realists:) maybe a dose of Polanyi's Personal Knowledge might do the trick for these guys...

Peace y'all...

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Methinks, foundationalism got a lot of bad press these days bcos "Cartesian foundationalism" is dead.

But other forms of foundationalism ie Plantinga, Moreland's version, is well and alive...

It seems like they have been unjustly lumped together...
http://members.tripod.com/carla_b/emergentmovement/rscottsmith.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home