Sunday, January 23, 2005

dreams...

What do dreams tell you, about your life, where you’re at perhaps, emotionally? In the space of this week alone, I’ve had 3 vivid ones… at least the ones I do remember…
The first one: I saw in the horizon, against the blue sunny sky, a hundred foot tsunami-like wave heading towards me and others... I frantically try to run away, knowing well that I won’t escape that imminent monster…

The second: I dreamt I had a friend who were buddies with the band members of Butterfingers (a Malaysian grunge band). I turned up for their gig just before the show starts… Suddenly they tell me that I had to stand in for their lead singer… I panicked as I realized I do not know the lyrics of their songs…Last I remember, I was trying to convince Loque, the lead guitarist, that I wasn’t up to the job, that I just don’t know the words… yet they insisted… As the music starts, I face the mic and crowd, fear clouding my thoughts…

3rd dream, just this afternoon: I was in Greece, visiting my old friend, Pandelis… I remember being in the hotel room, when the thought hit me that I was about to miss my return flight… The fear and tension was so heavy, as I think of ways to solve the problem… I try to call the airline to change my departure time…

They say dreams reveal the preoccupation of your subconscious… Is my body trying to say something? Am I stuck in a place where I feel there’s no way out? I wonder what Jung or Freud said about dreams...

2 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

MLK Jr. said it well "I have a dream" http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/Ihaveadream.htm. I mentioned it in contrast to Mr. Bush's inauguration speech this morning.

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember i had something similar to your 1st dream. i actually developed a habit of writing down my dreams in a notebook (it's fun when i reread them!). people were hanging on for dear lives onto KLCC as big huge waves swept the building. =s

there are even times when i've had so many realistic ones that i can't differentiate dreams from reality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home